GPU Board Solutions Team
April - August 2013 and Jan - May 2014
Santa Clara, california, USA
- AUTOMATION - (i) Independently automated the efficiency measurement procedure for graphic cards. Designed and created the tool Infrastructure using GPIB interface for communication between the electronic load machine and data acquisition system ( PYTHON ). (ii) Toured PCB Assembly and PCB fabrication facilities and took initiative for automating internal processes for better efficiency ( VBA )
- UI DEVELOPMENT - Developed a web UI for an Asset Tracker database used to track company assets ( PERL/HTML ). Hooked up the UI with the back-end database in order to extract and display asset information.
- HARD DRIVE CLONING SYSTEM - Wrote QA procedures to run prior to releasing changes to the cloning system used for cloning hard drives with the required Operating system ( PERL ).
- BOARD DESIGN - Worked with Board designs and updated reference schematics/layouts for the memory interface (Cadence). Learn about schematic circuit design, high speed PCB layout techniques and ASIC design process.
- POWER CONVERTERS - Successfully applied concepts of control systems and stability analysis (pole placement, bode plots etc.) to analyze and design compensation circuits for power converters used on graphic cards.
- ACOUSTICS - Analyzed acoustic noise issues found on graphic cards by measuring power rails to look for co-relation. Debugged acoustic issues and ran in lab experiments to propose fixes.
- EFFICIENCY - Examined power efficiency in various modes of operation with static and dynamic loads. Took initiative to develop a relatively efficient procedure for validating OCP (Over Current Protection) limits and taking load line measurements.
Link to the company website: http://www.nvidia.com/content/global/global.php